What are our requirements for candidates?
The minimum requirements:
- At least 1 years child care experience (other than family or friends) with contactable references.
- Your own reliable child safe vehicle (i.e. seat belts all round) and a valid South African driving license.
- Matric or Gr.12 equivalent ( including A-levels or technical Matric).
- A valid, up to date, SETA approved first aid certificate, if you do not have one, proof that you have registered for a course is acceptable.
5 things to consider if you want to care for children
- Be in good health, it’s important to be fit and able to keep up with a toddler , play ball games and have fun.
- Have bubbly personality, you are friendly, outgoing, caring, committed and have a patient personality.
- Being creative and enjoy having fun imagineering is important too.
- Have the ability to assist children to become well adjusted, happy, positive young people.
- Take responsibility for the cognitive and behavioural development of the children you are privileged to spend time with.
Where do interviews take place?
All interviews take place online via video Skype.
ChildCareSA features for candidates
The ChildCareSA site features include:
Edit live profile
Apply direct with clients functionality
Make live profile changes
Free sms job notifications
How this website works for candidates
Step 1: A client posts a job to the website.* Please bookmark this link on your phone’s browser or browser at home so that you can check in regularly.
Step 2: Clients recieve 1 sms to send out to staff. This is automated to link to their job on the website with a mini description and send to all eligable candidates in the area automatically. * Please note: The client chooses when to send sms’s so sometimes a job can be online for a while before a notice is sent, some may not even use this feature having receiving enough responses through the website.
Step 3: View the job on the website. If you are interested, click ‘apply’ at the bottom of the page.The client will recieve an email with a link to your profile stating your application. If the client would like to interview you they will purchase your contact details from your profile page (so always check that these are correct and regularly check your email) and contact you directly.
Step 3: The client may browse through candidates profiles on the website. They may find that they are interested in interviewing you. They will invite you to apply for the job. You will receive an email with a direct link to the job offered, if you like the position, you can click apply on the job form, the client will be notified, and purchase your contact details, they will call and set up an interview date.